Sprit Leitungen? Wieder eine T3 weniger

In der Nähe ist gestern ein T2 ausgebrannt. Zum Glück ist niemand verletzt worden.

In 1 motion/purchase, you can replace the plastic rail with an aluminum option while taking hose-end injectors out of the system and replacing with the latest technology in fuel injection and eliminating the need to source hose-end injectors in the future, should you ever need to.

Looks great on a first. But have you tested such a system for several thousand kilometers?
I can see a big and stiff part with a certain weight screwed to the inlet. The length of the mounting is quite long. The WBX engine tends to rattle.
Sorry for my pedantic thinking but if there is a risk of cracking the injectors lines and a pressurised fuel spilling over the hot exaust parts … just my understanding.
I think the Volkswagen engineers took a serious job to eliminate any massive parts because of the vibrations. Have you taken that into account?

2 „Gefällt mir“

Yes it has been tested for many thousand miles in addition to every car manufacture using this same delivery method since the mid 80’s till present on almost every application. Even in the introduction of direct injection is a common rail system used and with an o-ring running pressure of up to 300bar of pressure. VW selecting this old hose end method is because every fuel injector from that time frame was a hose end and the entire industry moved away form that delivery method to go to an o-ring in a fuel rail. Not sure what mounting length being too long you are referring to.
The weight of JUST the 2 original injectors alone, not counting their clamps, hose, weight of the fuel rail hanging on them, the original mount bracket and rubber grommets on the injectors is heavier than the entire new fuel rail, injectors and mounting hardware.

1 „Gefällt mir“